Good Day to you.
Hope you are keeping well and been staying safe during this unprecedented times.
We have some news regarding the commencement of junior training during the country’s passage out of lockdown and note below the guidance that was issued to us by Cricket Scotland.
We are looking to start training for Under 12s from Wednesday 15 July 2020. This will softball from 6.30 to 7.30. We would advise to bring your own hand sanitisers although there will be provisions at the club.
In this session, although there is no social distancing we still have to minimise the risks, therefor we will be using plastic equipment which will be sanitised at the end of each session. We will also try to minimise the sharing of equipment as far as possible. Hands will be sanitised at the start and end of each session and during breaks. Sessions will be conducted to try and minimise the risk.
We are also looking to run junior hardball from Friday 17 July 2020 from 6.30 to 8.00. Due to the risks involved there will be no sharing of equipment, pads, bats, helmets. Please bring and use your own equipment, and don’t share this with others. If you need a helmet one will be available for your own use that evening and will be sanitised at the end of the session. Hands will also be sanitised at the start and end of the session and during regular breaks.
These sessions will run for as long as possible due to the late start of the season and we are looking for a reduced payment of £20 per child. In order to minimise the risks we would look for payment to be made by bank transfer to Meigle Cricket Club, sort code 831535, account number 00211244, or by using the PayPal donation link on our website. Please put your child’s name as reference when payment is made.
If you wish your child to be part of these sessions please reply to this email, or contact Peter Drummond to advise.
Children and Young People
- From 13th July - Up to Ten U12’s from different households may take part in a group activity with no requirement for social distancing
- From 13th July - Up to Ten 12 to 17 year olds from different households may take part in a group activity with no requirement for social distancing, however they must comply with the general population guidance (including social distance etc) before and after the activity.
- Coaches should not deliver training to more than 14 people from Four households (or extended households) at any one time or provide coaching to more than Four households (or extended households) per day, unless coaching children and young people (see below)
- Coaches can deliver training to children and young people on more than one occasion per day
- This remains subject to physical distancing measures at all times
This guidance has been updated on the Cricket Scotland COVID-19 page HERE